Hindu shuffle - First method
Hindu shuffle, a well known method to shuffle a deck of playing cards in Asia. Beside the overhand shuffle, hindu shuffle also considering as an easy shuffling techniques.
The Hindu Shuffle - How to
- Hold the deck face down with your right hands. Grip it at the "right end" from above using your right thumb on the inner side and your right middle and ring fingers on the outer side. (see figure 1.1).
- Then use your left hand to grip at the "left end" of the deck from below. Grip it with your left thumb on the inner side and your left middle and ring fingers on the outer side (see figure 1.2).
Figure 1.1 - 1.2 The Hindu Shuffle - Holding position
- Grip the "upper part" of the deck with your left hand then pull it to the left to separate it from the part of the deck on your right hand. (See Figure 2.2)
- When the part of the deck already separated (see figure 2.3), loose "your left hand grip" a little to make the part of the deck on your left hand drop to your left palm.
Figure 2.1 - 2.5 The Hindu Shuffle - Parts of the Movement
- Then repeat the movement again. Move your left hand to grip "the upper part of the deck that remain on your right hand" then pull and separate it. (see Figure 2.4 - 2.5). Loose "your left hand grip" a little again to drop the part of the deck.
- Repeat the movement, over and over again until all the cards held by your right hand have been shuffled off.