Overhand Shuffle Control - False Shuffle
The overhand shuffle offers tricks for card shuffling techniques to be used to affect the ordering of cards.
You can use overhand shuffle to control the card's position in a deck of playing cards.
Overhand shuffle control - How to
- Overhand shuffle control holding position is the same as normal overhand shuffle. Take the deck face down in the left hands. Lean it towards right (see figure 1.1).
- Fingers position : Thumb on "back-side" of the deck, your index finger on the front-bottom edge of the deck (see figure 1.2), and your other three fingers (middle finger, ring finger, little finger) on the "face of the cards" (see figure 1.3)
Figure 1.1 - 1.3 The Overhand Shuffle - Holding position
How to move the top card to the bottom of the deck
- Holding the deck as describe above at "overhand shuffle holding position". Seize the deck (the whole) with your right hand and then lift it upwards.
- While your right hand lift the deck upwards, press the top card gently with your left thumb.
- Then just bring "the lifted deck" downward over the top card and continue with normal shuffle until all the cards held by the right hand have been shuffled off. The top card then become the bottom card in the deck.
How to move the bottom card to the top of the deck
- Do like the normal overhand shuffle technique. Seize the "lower / bottom part" of the deck with your right hand, then lift the deck upwards and shuffle it until all the cards held by the right hand have been shuffled off.
- To make sure that the last card that have been shuffled off is the bottom card, do The Run shuffling technique when only few cards left held by the right hand.
How to retain the bottom card in position
- Do like the normal overhand shuffle. Seize the "lower / bottom part" of the deck with your right hand, then lift the deck upwards
- When you lift the deck upwards, press gently the bottom card with the tips of middle finger and ring finger, so it stay in position. Then do normal shuffle until all the cards held by the right hand have been shuffled off.
How to move the top card to be second from the bottom
- Seize the whole deck with your right hand, then lift the deck upwards. At the same time press gently the top card with your left thumb and the bottom card with the tips of middle finger and ring finger.
- The top card will fall upon the bottom card then becoming a second from the bottom. Continue to shuffle until completed.
- The card shuffling technique that draw / pull of cards one by one. Basically it is like the technique you use to "move the top card to the bottom of the deck". You use your left thumb to press the top card gently while the deck being lifted by the right hand so only one card (the top card) that being drawn. Do that over and over and pull of only one card on every shuffle. That movement called "The Run".