Change Card Trick - Palming Technique
Learn magic trick - how to change a card with palming technique.
A magician shows a deck of cards and then flip the top card and flick it to show it that the card is a regular card and not double cards.
The magician hold the deck in one hand facing toward the audience and showing that the other hand are empty then wave the hand in front of the cards few times and then suddenly the top card changed.
Change card trick - How to
- If you want to do this change tricks - palming technique as stand alone card tricks and do not want to do the color change card tricks, then you do not need the preparation.
- If you want to use the palming change trick technique as a closing trick of let say "finding the audience chosen card", then you need to manage the chosen card to be the botttom card from a face down cards deck.
- If you want to do colour change card tricks then you need to prepare two card with the same value but has different color. Let's take Queen of heart and Queen of clover as example. Put the queen of heart and Queen of clover at the top and the bottom of the cards deck.
You could do the false card shuffle technique or false card cut technique to make audience think that the cards have been shuffle fairly and was not arrange in particular order.
Figure 1.1 Preparation for color change card tricks
Palming - sleight of hands
Example of color changing card tricks:
- Flip the top card. Flick it and show it to the audience that the card is a normal card and not a double cards, then place the card face-up on top of the face-down cards deck.
- First show to the audience that your right hand is empty then hold the deck from the front with your right hand and tell your audience that you will try to change the colour of the card. While you hold the deck with your right hand, use your left middle finger to slide down the bottom cards.(figure 3.1 - 3.2)
- Slide it down and bring it to the front of the deck, clamp the card between your right little finger and your right ring finger (figure 3.3). Be very careful to not expose the "clamp card" to your audience. Practice in front of mirror.
- Rub the card with your right point finger several times (This movement also to show that the card still the does not change yet). Lower your right hand a little so the audience can see the whole deck.
- Figure 4.1 is what your audience see. Figure 4.2 is what you see from the side. (the card still being clamped between your little and ring finger).
- Wave your right hand in front of the deck few times (figure 5.1). Then align the clamp card with the bottom edge of the cards deck (figure 5.2).
- Clamp the card with your left hand. lift your right hand and the card changed. (Figure 6.1 - 6.2). (Note: Open the gap between point finger and middle finger to let the audience see a glimpse of the card before it changed.)
Palming changing card - Video tutorial