Shapeshifter Card Changing Trick
A magician shows a face-down deck of cards and then flip the top card in the deck and lift it with the right hand. The magician then use his left hand to gently pull down the corner of the card and release it.
The card changed right in front of your eyes.
Shapeshifter changing card trick - How to
- The same as change card tricks - palming technique, no preparation is needed if you just want to do the trick as a stand alone card tricks.
- But If you want to use the shapeshifter card changing tricks as a closing trick or as colour change card tricks, you need to arrange the two top cards on the face-down deck. The first top card would be the card before the changeover, and the second top card would be the card after the changeover.
- Hold the deck of cards face-down in your left hand (in Mechanic's Grip). Before flip the top card, make a pinky break under two top cards (figure 1.1) then flip the top card (figure 1.2).
- Perfectly square the two top cards over the "pinky break", so it become and looks like one cards. Lift the cards (the first and second top card) with your right hands. Hold the cards from above, use your right thumb fingertip on right lower corner and right middle fingertip on upper left corner then lift the cards.(figure 2.1)
- Then use your left thumb and left middle finger to hold another two opposite corner (figure 2.2)
- Pulling down a little the two opposite corner with your left hand, you could use your left index finger to help bending the cards. After the cards already bend, move away your index finger from the bottom of the cards. (Figure 3.1)
- Pulling upward the card sharply with your right hand and put weight more at your left thumb before release, the cards will spin over and the card changed (figure 3.2 - 3.3).
- Practice until you can perform the spin perfectly to change the card.
Shapeshifter changing card - Video tutorial